My name is Martin Mulenga, and I am an _ Environmental Activist and Founder of The Green Cosmos NGO. You can reach me at:
+260 96-987-5844 or email:
A clean and green Zambia is a way forward towards sustainable environmental management and the protection of Mother Earth!
Check out this great video
“The Green Cosmos – GRECO” is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) duly registered with the Zambian Ministry of Community Development and Social Services on the 10th March, 2023. It is set to commence its operations once it avails itself to the public via the inauguration ceremony which has been projected to take place on 30th June, 2023.
1. THE VISION STATEMENT
“The vision of THE GREEN COSMOS is to become an organization that would be driven by the golden moral obligation of taking care of the environment so that the current and future generation can both attain equal sustainability.”
2. MISSION STATEMENT
“GREEN COSMOS is formed by group of youth and other activists, who come together to improve communities in both urban and rural areas through the implementation of green projects that are environmentally friendly.”
3. VALUES OF OUR ORGANIZATION
The following values underpinning our work culture:
· Working with efficiency and long-term sustainability
· Valuing the principle of social justice and environmental protection
· Belief in the power of committed youthful individuals and organizations that want to contribute to a sustainable development.
· Working with professionalism and integrity.
4. The Goal
“The goal of GREEEN COSMOS is to remain committed to conserving the environment with the ultimate goal of becoming a green organization with the purpose of promoting green environment and consequently contributing to the mitigation of climate change.”
5. SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
The following are specific objectives of GREEN COSMOS, and these are to:
· Provide supplementary effort to the council by clearing garbage from public places.
· Partner with relevant government institutions, individuals, and NGOs, which, in many parts of the world, advocate for green environment.
· Promote the use of green energy and bio-fertilizer.
· Participate in conferences /rendezvous on global warming and climate change.
· Educate the public about the effects of environmental degradation and climate change.
· Embark on the project of afforestation and re-afforestation as a way of promoting green environment and mitigating climate change.
· Engage more women in waste management projects and other projects at Green Cosmos.
· Generate safe and adaptable strategies of living amidst climate change.
· To partner with production industry in mitigating counterfeits that have flooded the Zambian market.
· To engage in drainage rehabilitations and constructions as a way of mitigating devastating effects of seasonal floods.
Copyright © 2012 - 2023 Charles Mwewa - All Rights